END YOUR YEAR WITH SOME DEVELOPMENT!
Go to the LIFT to check out our Leadership Development opportunities through the end of the year!
And remember…all of our classes can be found on the LIFT if you filter by the location “Eagle County” – here’s how you do this:
- Click the down arrow next to the word “Browse” in the upper right corner of the LIFT homepage
- Select “Calendar”
- In the left-hand column “Location” filter, select “Eagle County” from the drop-down menu
- Click “Apply” and this view will show you all of our upcoming classes!
And for more answers to your frequently asked questions (including how to view your transcript of completed classes!), check out the attached FAQ’s document.
DECEMBER 19 | 9:00AM-1:00PM | TD TRAINING ROOM, VAIL
Change is constant, yet it is one of the most resisted phenomena we know. As a leader, you have great influence over the changes you implement on your team and how they are received. By understanding the normal reactions to change, and utilizing effective communication tools, you can help your team embrace change while maintaining operational effectiveness.
MODULE 3: COMMUNICATE AS A LEADER
DECEMBER 18 | 1:00-2:30PM
As you enter the third module of the Leadership Essentials Program, you are armed with a synopsis of how leadership influences your team. Your base knowledge of expectations and individual opportunity areas will serve as a foundation for module three, which focuses on the standards of communication within Vail Resorts. This module covers concepts of organizational communication such as audience, messaging, mediums, and outcomes. A special emphasis is put on providing the “why,” or reasoning behind a message, when communicating.
MODULE 4: MANAGE EXPECTATIONS ON YOUR TEAM
DECEMBER 18 | 2:45-4:15PM
As you enter the fourth module of the Leadership Essentials Program, you are acquainted with your roles, your capabilities, and your teams in general. The purpose of this module is to understand and then apply fundamental skills for achieving team results. You will be able to distinguish goals from expectations, set clear expectations, and hold staff accountable.
MODULE 5: UNDERSTAND YOUR TEAM DYNAMICS
DECEMBER 20 | 9:00-10:30AM | TD TRAINING ROOM, VAIL
This module allows you to better understand and leverage the power of your team in order to achieve results. It focuses on how teams develop and work together toward achieving expectations. Leaders who complete this module will be prepared to create an environment for team performance.
MODULE 6: ADAPT YOUR COMMUNICATION STYLE
DECEMBER 20 | 10:45AM-12:15PM | TD TRAINING ROOM, VAIL
This module allows you think about your personal communication style and how to adapt it based on the individual or situation.
INSIGHTS DISCOVERY | GENERAL SESSION
JANUARY 28, 2019 | 9:00AM-1:00PM | TD TRAINING ROOM, VAIL
*This class requires manager approval*
All participants must be registered by MONDAY JANUARY 7. Please note that there is a $190 per person charge for this session, to be paid by your department. Email Karen Palmer (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further registration details.
- Be sure to update your bookmarks with this new URL. You can also access the LIFT through InsideEpic!
User Name: Employee ID
FIRST TIME LOGIN Password: P$wdMMDDYY
- Enter the date of your birthday. For example: P$wd012691
- You will be prompted to create a new password (Minimum of: 8 characters, 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter, 1 number, 1 special character)
How TO REGISTER FOR A CLASS
- Either click Browse to view the Learning Catalog or click on the Search function (magnifying glass icon) to type in a specific class that you’d like to register for. Both of these options are located in the upper right hand corner of the homepage.
- Click on View Classes to see specific time and date offerings of that class.
- Select Enroll for the desired date/time.
FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD?
Call IT Support at x4357 (HELP) and they will help you reset it.
WITHDRAWING FROM A CLASS
If you are unable to attend a class that you are registered for, please remember to withdraw yourself directly on the LIFT:
- Click on the Waffle Icon in the upper-left corner and select Me
- Find the class or course you want to withdraw from, and under the Actions column click the drop-down button and select Drop
Where to go
All classes are located at our TD Training Room in Vail, unless otherwise noted above.
TD Training Room – Cascade Crossing, Vail
1031-A South Frontage Rd West
Parking is limited so please carpool or utilize public transportation if possible.
Please Note: For questions or assistance, please contact Sara Brownlee, Katie Hardy or Karen Palmer.
Sr. Manager Talent Development
P | 970 754 3045
Sr. Specialist Talent Development
P | 970 754 5265
Sr. Specialist Talent Development
P | 970 754 3065